PANEM (Empire/Nation)

Talk about that, this and about these golden apples here.
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: drakee510
Hometown: Elysium

Re: PANEM (Empire/Nation)

Post by drakee510 »

And about the hunger games server James and Jeff (Btw KEEP ME OUT OF THIS!) From what I've seen, they are all just the same old arena, survive, kill each other ect. This is a hole different thing. Also this will be bringing the RPG aspect back to life as well.
Just read the next post, not my sig :P
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!
Nickname: dodo2000107
Hometown: Glowford

Post by dodo2000107 »

Because they're all afraid that their residents will leave them. Yes, I have noticed that they are all mayors. Those who are members have more rational points of views, not only concerning their worries but of actual facts and intelligent insight, take 301heng as an example.

James, and this goes for other mayors too, your insight IS valueless because you extremely unlikely of abandoning your towns to join this, and none of you even seem to notice that. How this, will most likely not have much impact other than residents leaving, but if you assume more people will come on, maybe not all these people will always want the hunger games, what says they won't move in to your towns, make them prosperous? This will bring more positive attention to the server by showing how active it is and how it actually fulfills the RPG aspect an SMP server should have. You all see this as being to your disadvantage, but maybe it's not, maybe it's to everyone's advantage. Maybe some people will come on for the hunger games, but will tell their friends about it, who might be less concerned about the hunger games and more concerned of actually having a good server to play on.

The main problem with the argument here, is that we're all trying to predict the future.
Why not just give it a go? If you guys are right, it will subsequently fail and we can all resume our normal lives.
If you guys are wrong then it will succeed and possibly have a positive impact on the server.
All humans have a fear of the unknown, the unpredictable, we're all expressing this right now, I am too, maybe you haven't noticed because i'm trying to be optimistic, but I do think of what all of you write. Now my previous post to James Begley and Jeffr might seem disrespectful, but I stand on my word that I will not let myself be intimidated by any of you and will not accept defeat.

This will bring new opportunities, new aspects of gameplay. Why don,t you guys ask Heinz what he thinks? Maybe if he likes it, he can explain, maybe will all learn something, if he doesn't like it you can all calm down, sit back, and watch it stumble into oblivion, be forgotten and trashed. It's all a big gamble, but isn't that what life is? A big game, a big gamble?
Can I signature?
JeffR110
Lord!
Lord!
Nickname: JeffR110
Nation: HP-EMPiRE
Hometown: Mapletown

Post by JeffR110 »

You really have a way of twisting our words to make you sound like the victim..

At no point was I trying to intimidate you, and i only brought up our higher ranks because I was hoping you would realize that since we are mayors, we know what it takes to build a town from scratch and recruit new people. At NO point did i say "I AM YOUR SUPERIOR AND YOU WILL TREAT ME AS SUCH", so don't ever say that again. Please..

Of course mayors are against the idea. We already have tons of towns and not enough residents. Then if you add 13 new towns it will be downright impossible. I'm not worried about my current residents leaving, they are quite loyal. What I'm worried about is getting new residents, why would anyone join existing towns when they could join 13 new towns that they can probly help shape? Most people that play minecraft are kids, and they tend to want to build stuff instead join towns, so its incredibly hard already to get new residents.

If your going to ignore our points and only focus on the negative stuff then that's up to you

But fine, we'll wait and see what Heinz thinks. I'm done arguing..
"When life gives you lemons, squeeze the lemons in life's eyes so life doesn't do that again"
301heng
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: Cakasaur

Post by 301heng »

My idea is for it to be a seperate world/ a gigantic arena and not a town drakee. One does not simply make bricks without straw and so does one not make an empire without residents. In my opinion, it would be better to have it as a urban arena set in the setting of a town of The hunger games. This is a faster way to make it attract people to join the server as if you did not notice, there are alot of teenagers and children who DO NOT like restrictions of RPG servers but prefer pvp. Compared to a RPG game (not Skyrim as it has great marketing) to a pvp based game, you can easily said that more people preferred the PVP game over the RPG game.

Making a town based around RPG is fine, but making an empire would bring a too drastic change to the server due to the reasons i previously mentioned. Thus, I feel it should NOT be a town and instead be something like an adventure world where people have no permissions to build there ( prevention of greifing) but still allow people to traverse the town and satisfy their bloodlust.

And Dodo and James, if you want to continue with your petty quarrels/ arguments, you can. But did you forget a hidden but an obvious rule about respecting players? And dont push the blame to anyone as it shows how stubborn and childish both of you are.
Also known as Cakasaur
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!

Post by drakee510 »

Heng, you do have a point but....

It's honestly not going to be 13 towns. Some of them are closed, with only the most important open. Also I find that some players love the idea. Already have 4-6 people that wants to join a town thats not even open. This would bring the life back to HP-Craft, the good ol days when there were tons of people on at once. It's mostly now retard guests on most of the time. We could advertise it as a true hunger games server. This server is RPG isn't it? All the other Hunger games server its a simple arena. This is truly and experience that will keep people on. We are starting out with about 5 towns, eventually growing.
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!

Post by drakee510 »

301heng wrote: And Dodo and James, if you want to continue with your petty quarrels/ arguments, you can. But did you forget a hidden but an obvious rule about respecting players? And dont push the blame to anyone as it shows how stubborn and childish both of you are.
Haha, yeah quit the fighting. AND KEEP ME OUT OF IT XD
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

What i find funny is that everyone thinks RPG means you just have a role, but you can't build and stuff. That,s not at all what I was thinking of, as a matter-of-fact it would suck, if i couldn't build there why would I play there? It like if you let a guest in the members world, make him resident of a town and all, but he can't build, what's the point?What other type of roleplay could you possibly have in mind other than building? Running around killing eachother? Only? Well, that's not at all what I was thinking of, much less what I would enjoy...
Can I signature?
davon97
Lord!
Lord!
Nickname: Davon97
Nation: HP-EMPiRE
Hometown: Epicity

Post by davon97 »

Honestly, what I think you want is for the server to be popular and big. I guess everyone would want to own a popular server. However I kind of think that you are like changing a server not even yours (can't rly phrase) Notice that many people who are here are actually here because it is more quiet and peaceful. Personally if I would like a server with many people all over like those big ones you see on minestatus for example, I wouldn't even be here. I assume that many of the older players wouldn't like hpcraft to be like too... big (hard to explain my point actually I'm unwell but...) agree with 301heng that an empire would be too drastic of a change... Oh well ignore this post if you want to I don't rly know what I am saying at some points. Oh well try to get along with others instead of fighting it doesn't do any good. Don't get me involved in this that much too I would like some peace and quiet... Not out to attack you or anything just saying.

Brain fried due to fever. If I wrote anything offensive pardon me.
FAREWELL MY FRIENDS D:
301heng
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: Cakasaur

Post by 301heng »

Yep davon got my point. We came here because it is a peaceful server. If there is a spike in numbers= there will be more lag issues which will in turn comprimise the enjoyment of the server. As you said, there is alot of retarded guest on now, would making your project reduce the amount of 'retarded' guest and mindless fankids? And i'm preety sure that most experienced players would rather make a server as their main sever than go around looking for one. As i said, it is a good idea, but i would not really work if it is presented in a style of a town/empire.
Also known as Cakasaur
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

Well, considering that most noob guests don't have the patience to read the rules or how to sign up, how do you expect them to read three 400 page books? That's where I think things don't go wrong, also these "noob guests" as you say, they are guests, not members, and cannot join a town or nation. ALSO, to say "most experienced players make their own servers" you think? I'm an experienced player, you are, davon is, and so are several others, I don't see us owning servers, so there you're wrong.
Can I signature?