Bunch of stuff

Suggest new features, or reconfig some plugins.
yupie_123
King!
King!
Nickname: yupie_123
Nation: NaturAmantes
Hometown: Maxstenville

Bunch of stuff

Post by yupie_123 »

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a long time. But I really miss playing survival and HP was/is actually my biggest survival "career" so far.

I really want to get back on the main server and start playing, I noticed how there is a new TMP server for 1.8.

The first thing I'd like to suggest is to take it down for now and put the main server back, the reason for this is that it will take a very very very long time before there's something fully finished and compatible with 1.8. It is also useless in my opinion to run a TMP server where the users' contents will be gone after a while. Almost all big servers are still running on 1.7 (Server side). Although they are allowing 1.8 clients to join using a protocol hack.

This brings me to my second suggestion: I'd like to see HPM use spigot instead of bukkit. The latest spigot builds contain support for 1.8 clients being able to join 1.7 servers.
There are a LOT of advantages to spigot:

1) It has all the features of bukkit
2) It supports bukkit plugins (So also the HPM Core)
3) It is much much faster. This definately reduces lag.
4) 1.8 clients can join
5) Very customizable with neat built-in features such as an anticheat

This will mean however, that 1.8 features won't be usable. But the TMP world is temporary anyways, so anything we do there, will be gone. That's another reason why it is better to run the main server now.

I came on IRC once and Bart told me something about the anti-mobfarm thing being reverted.
I don't know if you guys realize but a LOT of people left because of this, that really took out something that was completely vanilla out of the game. You're meant to progress in the game and get better and more efficient. That's why mob farms exist. I really hope that you will consider removing that plugin Heinz. I know it might help the server save some CPU usage (Maybe?). But this server is very powerful when looking at the stats and there aren't that many people on to use up all the memory. I believe that 0-5 people max won't use up all the memory. And using spigot will make it use even less memory!

My last suggestion is to add some kind of "like" thing on the forums. You can like posts if you agree with them, or even a dislike button, if there are a lot of dislikes the admins will be warned that it might be spam or something.

I hope you enjoyed my little thread ;), I hope to see you ingame (However, I am on 1.7.10 using shaders and optifine and I don't like switching all the time, so I might not be on a lot).
Before you start anything, learn how to finish it.
Vexillologe
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: Vexillologe
Nation: HP-EMPiRE
Hometown: Aurora

Re: Bunch of stuff

Post by Vexillologe »

Nice to see someone suggested this here. I'd also want to play on the main server again, 1.7 is ok for me too^^ Downgrading asap would be good, we can play vanilla on the guest world anyway, if we want to.

But I don't really like the idea of adding a like system. There are only very few players active on the forums, simply making a short reply saying that you agree/disagree with something and why is good enough, really. And on other minecraft forums that have a like feature I also have a sort of bad experience, like farming, liking posts for no good reason etc. And it might not be possible to add it with the forum software we have here anyway.
yupie_123
King!
King!

Post by yupie_123 »

Yeah, the like thing just came to my mind, I do like it but I guess you're right that it might not be useful here!
HeinzPeter
World Owner!
World Owner!
Nickname: HeinzPeter

Post by HeinzPeter »

I have started the current TMP in spigot to get some test results with our plugin. :D
It seems to run without any issues. We will see.. maybe we can run the main world!
Enjoy your stay. HPM! GMAP! STATS!
Save the forests! WWF
Our empty YouTube Channel.
HeinzPeter
World Owner!
World Owner!

Post by HeinzPeter »

Hmm... Chests are empty after moving to spigot.
Save the forests! WWF
yupie_123
King!
King!

Post by yupie_123 »

Mojang must've changed player data files or perhaps the new blocks are causing it, I guess there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately. But it's a TMP world anyways.

I think that the Main world shouldn't have this issue coz it's on 1.7 still.

Making a copy of the main world and testing it on a private server could be the best solution ;)
HeinzPeter
World Owner!
World Owner!

Post by HeinzPeter »

That chest thing was because the TMP was already a 1.8 world. Would not be a problem to load the main world to spigot. But i think we should wait a while - so we can create a fresh 1.8 mining world and use all the 1.8 features. Currently spigot is still on 1.7 but accepts 1.8 clients.
Save the forests! WWF
yupie_123
King!
King!

Post by yupie_123 »

I don't think there will be a good server software out any soon, Sponge says they'll have an API soon. But I believe it will take months before it gets here.

In these months people will have done a lot of work in the TMP world, and then suddenly they'll have to lose it all.

Almost all the servers are still using 1.7. The players on HPM really want to play on the main world again, I don't believe they'd be sad if there aren't any 1.8 stuff. What's the point of building with 1.8 stuff in TMP if it's going to be removed anyways?