What's Up With the Server?

Talk about that, this and about these golden apples here.
HeinzPeter
World Owner!
World Owner!
Nickname: HeinzPeter
Nation: HP-EMPiRE

Re: What's Up With the Server?

Post by HeinzPeter »

sure, its still creating daily backups.
keeping two by month. :-D
Enjoy your stay. HPM! GMAP! STATS!
Save the forests! WWF
Our empty YouTube Channel.
CivilCraftHD
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: CivilCraftHD

Post by CivilCraftHD »

I saw the Ad :D haven't been here in forever! Would be nice to have more life in this server.
tryzzo
Donator!
Donator!
Nickname: tryzzo
Hometown: EpiCity

Post by tryzzo »

For you guys concerned about the future of the servers in Minecraft and Minecraft in general, here are some explanantions ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xqtn55u3I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beacon powered!!
Vexillologe
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: Vexillologe
Hometown: Aurora

Post by Vexillologe »

Hello

just wanted to ask when it will be possible to go back to the main server, it's been quite a while now. Not sure how things are with 1.8 features for spigot and all, but now that we've been getting a lot of new players recently, I think it would be wise to go back now, if we can.
thx^^
n8wing
World Operator!
World Operator!
Nickname: n8wing
Hometown: Mineoria

Post by n8wing »

We are already back again x)
n8wing was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of Satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!
yupie_123
King!
King!
Nickname: yupie_123
Nation: NaturAmantes
Hometown: Maxstenville

Post by yupie_123 »

"Already" :p That took a while, but I'm happy it's back again!!!
Before you start anything, learn how to finish it.
n8wing
World Operator!
World Operator!
Nickname: n8wing
Hometown: Mineoria

Post by n8wing »

i know i know :P i just came back right before the main world came back up again. :P
n8wing was cast out to fight against the devilish creatures of Satan. In god we trust and evil shall die!
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: drakee510
Hometown: Elysium

Post by drakee510 »

I am so happy to go back to Elysium after not seeing it for awhile :)
Just read the next post, not my sig :P
brencon2
World Member!
World Member!
Nickname: Brencon2
Hometown: Terra Nova

Post by brencon2 »

I think the reason we are not getting new players is usually there is not people on to greet them and to direct them towards the website so they can become a member. Also the problem once they become a member it is hard for them to find a place to build in the members world because most are pretty full expect one new one. If they want to join a town they really can't cause all of the mayors don't play to much besides for Drake and a few others. To improve it we should find the towns which have become ghost towns and do not have a active mayor and replace the mayor with some active player or make a active player a vice mayor so then they can allow new players into their town. For the inactive players houses in the towns, the new "mayor" can decide what he wants to do with them. Bart has done this with me with TerraNova. The mayors basically died right after the towns creation and haven't been seen since. Bart has allowed me to continue the towns construction and has given me some mayor commands. I have been having trouble though finding new players to join my town because usually they don't stay to long or they are confused by the application. We should reboot the server, adverting that we are looking for new players to become mayors and other things. After that we should have people on at all times so we can greet the new players and lead them in the right direction so they can become part of this community and give it new light. This community and server used to be a amazing thing when we had a lot of players playing it and I believe, with effort, we can bring it back into the state it was in before, or even better.
(Imagine a cool signature here)
yupie_123
King!
King!
Nickname: yupie_123
Nation: NaturAmantes
Hometown: Maxstenville

Post by yupie_123 »

The main world will never get reset and in my opinion that's for the better. There is over 3 years of work put into it, nobody wants to see it gone. A possibility would be to open more member areas. A new warp room thingy and definitely an easier application system is a must.

The only real active mayors right now are bart, me and perhaps n8wing. I've also seen stefan on who's a vice mayor. We don't really have many players and the worst thing we could do is adding more mayors. 3-4 active towns with 1 new member every week isn't going to work, the towns that are active are slowly going to die off because there won't be enough players for them. If we do get these towns with active mayors members again, players from these towns could branch off in creating their own and perhaps taking over old ones. But doing that at this stage is a horrible ideas and will have no improvement over our current situation: tons of towns but no members.

Getting new members is very hard, voting daily helps a lot and you should do it whenevr you can. You can also advertise to friends and perhaps post signatures that link to the server on forums like MCF or PMC. There isn't much else we as regular players can do, that's a problem that needs to be solved by the owner and operators.

EDIT: Fixed a lot of grammar and stoof (was on my phone!)
Before you start anything, learn how to finish it.