PANEM (Empire/Nation)

Talk about that, this and about these golden apples here.
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!
Nickname: dodo2000107
Hometown: Glowford

PANEM (Empire/Nation)

Post by dodo2000107 »

THIS IS CURRENTLY A WORK-IN-PROGRESS
I am entirely aware of the "don't ask for this rank, we will ignore..." for emperor, but a project of this size requires one.

THE HUNGER GAMESMinecraft Spinoff
OFFICIAL WIKI ON THE SUBJECT (for more info)
http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Panem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This nation will server as great publicity to HPcraft and will also provide extensive roleplay and mayor opportunities.

What this nation is about : This is entirely a roleplay nation. It will unique in that this is the only nation that would allow wars, although certain restrictions would apply, talk with Heinz is required before-hand. Also, every once in a while there will be the Hunger Games, where each district will select 2 of it's residents, who will have to put everything at stake, and will fight to the death in an arena specially prepared for the occasion. There will only be 1 survivor.

WINNING MEANS FAME AND FORTUNE.
LOSING MEANS CERTAIN DEATH.
THE HUNGER GAMES HAVE BEGUN...

IN THE RUINS OF NORTH AMERICA, A NATION HAS RISEN OUT OF THE ASHES
THIS NATION IS CALLED PANEM.
A CITY, CALLED THE CAPITOL, ASSUMES COMPLETE CONTROL OVER 12 DISTRICTS.
EVERY DISTRICT MUST SELECT 2 OF IT'S BEST WARRIORS TWO COMPETE IN THE HUNGER GAMES.

Let the hunger games begin and
may the odds be EVER in your favor...

Every district must complete certain tasks. They are all fenced off and must comply to Capitol obligations,
They may declare war between each other, but the Capitol may intervene at any time. All products produced by districts will be used in the construction of the arena.

District 1's industry is producing luxury items for the Capitol. In minecraft terms this translates to mob drops, potions and enchantments.

District 2's industry is stone quarries, this in minecraft terms means cobblestone, stone, but it is also houses the main military complex for the Capitol, meaning weapons, armor and TNT. This district benefits from favor from the Capitol.

District 3's industry is general electronics, in Minecraft terms this means restone, redstone-related products and circuits. This district requires the best in minecraft circuitry and will do a great part in the construction of the Hunger Games arena.

District 4's industry is fishing, so this district will either be Next to a large body of water, above water, or under water. As an additional task it will be designing bodies of water in the arena.

District 5's industry is power. In minecraft, this will take the form of materials collection and terraforming, as well as material processing (turning ores into ingots, logs into charcoal, crafting, etc..)

District 6's industry is transportation. This means the construction of railways throughout the nation, as well as in the materials world, for quick and organised access to mines and such.

District 7's industry is lumber. This means massive tree farms.

District 8's industry is textiles. In minecraft this means wool, wool of every color, as well as designing, so this district will contribute to arena aesthetics

District 9's industry is grain, but will also include designing terrain in the arena

District 10's industry is livestock, this means every animal, except for sheep.

District 11's industry is agriculture, this means wheat, pumpkins, melons, reeds and anything else i'm forgetting.

District 12's industry is mining. Pretty simple.

District 13, good old district 13. District 13 is the only district exempt of Capitol control, as well as of the games. District 13 is entirely underground and produces much of it's own products. District 13 is built underneath the ruins of it's former self. District 13 represents a form of power unmatched by any other district and is well armed. District 13 is well guarded and hidden, meaning there are no visible entrances from the surface and completes all the task the other districts do on it's own. In turn this makes it the largest district.

The almighty Capitol
The Capitol is the embodiment of power itself. This is not a district but a rich and prosperous metropolis. This place shows little presence of vegetation ans instead is well organised and flat, as well as having almost over-sized buildings and sky-scrapers. The capitol is the trading outpost of all districts, where districts may go to buy and sell goods to complete their tasks. Districts may not declare war on the Capitol, but the Capitol may declare war on any district. The Capitol controls every other district and organizes the
Hunger Games.

mayor
Only the most important cities will be created at first. Once they are filled enough others may be created.

CAPITOL : Dodo2000107
DISTRICT 1 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 2 : Willyg2014
DISTRICT 3 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 4 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 5 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 6 : Up for grabs
DISTRICT 7 : Up for grabs
DISTRICT 8 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 9 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 10 : CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DISTRICT 11 : Drakee510
DISTRICT 12 : Awalkingspastic
DISTRICT 13 : Up for grabs

EACH MAYOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OF HIS OR HER OWN TOWN TOPIC, MEANING RESIDENTS, ASSISTANTS, VICE-MAYORS AND WORKPLACES, AS WELL AS MANAGING HIS TOWN, SUCH AS ALLOCATING HOME SPACES, FREEMATERIALS COLLECTION AREAS AND IN-TOWN FACILITIES.

GAME MAKERS:
There will be 6 game makers, they will chose how the games will work, so they chose the design, terrain and traps, as well as manage the correct functioning of the games. They live in Panem and are hand picked.
They MUST have read the hunger games or at least seen the movie. They cannot participate in the Hunger Games.
1. Dodo2000107

MAYOR APPLICATIONS
Only create your topics once this project has been approved and do not create topics without approval
Requirements:
-Active (at least a few hours a week)
-Mature (capable of managing a town and doing as told)
-At least 13 years of age (This is a MUST)
-Have a good reputation
-Bring new people to the server (talk about it in school, make videos, friends, etc...)
-Understands the task at hand
-Has enough supplies to make his District

If a mayor cannot comply to this or becomes inactive, he shall be replaced.

Code: Select all

In-game name: <username>
Activity: <aprox. hours per week>
Brought people to the server: <yes/no> <If yes, specify>
Videos about HPcraft: <yes/no> <if yes, link please>
Did you read the whole post: <yes/no>
Did you read the entire Hunger Games trilogy: <yes/no>
Saw the Hunger Games movie: <yes/no>
District you wish to be mayor of: <District number>
What will you have to do in your district: <Explanation, copy-paste will be refused, this is to make sure you know what you have to do>
As for the location, well being an empire i don't think that's up to me, as long as there's a lot of land and at least one large body of water (if en entire new world was committed to this it would be fantastic because of ocean biomes, but i don't wanna ask for too much)

As I am very much aware that a new world is hardware heavy, I do not, and never did, expect another world. Now to answer GarmeIG's concern about the usefulness of the questions in the application, I would just like to mention there is no good or bad answer, I just like encouraging people to show them hpcraft and possibly make them join because a project of this size requires more active members than we have...
Last edited by dodo2000107 on 25 Apr 2012, 04:11, edited 10 times in total.
Can I signature?
wparlier
Donator!
Donator!
Nickname: wparlier

Re: PANEM (Empire/Nation)

Post by wparlier »

I really REALLY like this idea, but my only worry would be how this would interact with the other nations. I think there may be conflicts, and if it were on the main map, we'd have to be sure people knew their limits. So, people who really know the server. What I think would be better, is if this happens, it has it's own world with separate inventory and such. I think a lot of people enjoy the safety of HP craft. It is a security other servers don't have, and those not knowing the server map well, may mess things up. I would also like to have a safe place, and place where this would happen if it happens. We have all of these adventure maps, I think that would be a good place.

I am totally for this though. The intermingling is what worries me. I really want this to happen, just not on the main map.
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

Well according to what i wrote a district may only declare war to another district, but not to a town of another nation. This means the battles will remain inside the nation of Panem and will not affect the other nations or their towns.
Can I signature?
wparlier
Donator!
Donator!

Post by wparlier »

That I understand, but for newer people who enter the members world... they may not understand that, and go walking out and raging war in other places. That is why I made the suggestion that maybe only let members who have been here longer do it if it is on the main map. Kind of like the month wait before you are allowed considered for trusted.

Edit: Even then, I don't think I would do it unless I can keep my normal HP life and that separate. A lot of people like where they are at, so some people may not want to take the risks. That is the biggest reason I suggest using one of the adventure maps or something.
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

So in some sort you are saying that you would like to have this in a separate world so that you could be a resident in both this nation and another town in the regular world? That would be great, but i don't want to ask for too much. Ultimatly it's Heinz choice, but it's a good to be specific because if it's going to be hard for heinz he wont do it, because it's up to us to make our nations and towns, not him.
Can I signature?
JamesBegley2011
Nickname: JamesBegley2011

Post by JamesBegley2011 »

Dodo im not just saying this because we dont get along but i doubt it will be accepted for the simple reason that it will take over what the server is about and completely turn everything crazy (e.g when the creative map came everyone just spent their time there and some still do :/ now imagine if there was a whole nation of pvp it would take away from all the other towns and also not everybody likes the hunger games or possibly not heard of it its too much work and harm to the rest of the server to make half the server about a book ...
I was mayor of Aurora but then i have used cheats.
Now i am banned and some operator(s) changed my signature. :-)
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

Um, stealing residents, that's one thing, but taking over the server? The way you said it, is that it's a great idea, very good for the server and would make several people happy, but it might disadvantage existing towns? Must I tell you this is not about the server but about it's players. This means that the only reason i would make this is so that people would be happy, that they could enjoy the server and minecraft once more as well as keeping them active because there are things to do, whereas a normal town gets built and then people go inactive in it because there isn't anything to do anymore. I'm trying to avoid just that.

Also might i remark that this server is about roleplay, and this is exactly that. It's not about a book, but based off one, making you live the story of the book in some fashion, it's an RPG. I don't see what's wrong.
Can I signature?
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: drakee510
Hometown: Elysium

Post by drakee510 »

Drakee510 is all for it!

Heinz, Accept this, You must,
Just read the next post, not my sig :P
wparlier
Donator!
Donator!

Post by wparlier »

Alright.... if there is some way to purchase secure storage, I am in. Maybe still limiting that storage though. Like a chest per person of storage that can't be effect if stuff is open during war time. (if you plan to do that.)
dodo2000107
Donator!
Donator!

Post by dodo2000107 »

Sounds good. ATM all that's possible is RPG, Heinz still has to add some more advanced PvP options to HPMcore before wars and such become possible, and even there it's quite a lot.
Can I signature?