Royal highway

The Global Projects!
Feel free to post your private projects here as well.
octopodesrex
Donator!
Donator!
Nickname: octopodesrex
Nation: HP-EMPiRE
Hometown: Skytown

Royal highway

Post by octopodesrex »

You've already started a railway link, I think I should start a highway from spawn leading out into the world north, south, east and west in general. Volunteers welcome!
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-George Bernard Shaw
Lenniguti7
World Operator!
World Operator!
Nickname: Lenniguti7
Hometown: TH-Village

Re: Royal highway

Post by Lenniguti7 »

For what? The areas are conncted so far, and nobody wants to walk 10 min to reach something ;)
Vote for HP-Craft Click here
Tutorials: Water Sensor Melon Farm
mvdhauten
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: mvdhauten

Post by mvdhauten »

Lenniguti7 wrote:For what? The areas are conncted so far, and nobody wants to walk 10 min to reach something ;)
Aesthetics. The world would look more realistic, and it can be useful when you forgot to bring your minecart. Even though this was posted back in minecraft's Stone Age, we could revive it maybe?
Join Elysium today and get a FREE PONY!!
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: drakee510
Hometown: Elysium

Post by drakee510 »

I say take away warp gates!
Just read the next post, not my sig :P
mvdhauten
Mayor!
Mayor!

Post by mvdhauten »

For example; going from aurora to glowford would be quicker using a highway than using portals via spawn. Or Epicity - Crixville.
drakee510
Mayor!
Mayor!
Nickname: drakee510
Hometown: Elysium

Post by drakee510 »

Ikr!
Just read the next post, not my sig :P
Giants395
Lord!
Lord!
Nickname: Giants395

Post by Giants395 »

Idk if you guys were on the server for this a while back but, the first couple of towns in hp-empire were and still are connected by railroads, like crixville, mapletown, and skytown. It took tons of materials and work and the ride to get back to the Capitol took quite a while. The warps are the way to go because the rides get pretty boring and long. Nobody really liked to ride on the railroads then and I doubt anybody will like going on it over and over, but hey maybe I'm wrong.
mvdhauten
Mayor!
Mayor!

Post by mvdhauten »

Well yes but you have to agree hopping over a good, protected road to Epicity is faster than typing /spawn, walk over to the CS portal, and sprint again in the CS. Small distances are definitely shorter and most of all less laggy, about 2/3 of the times I get disconnected is while warping. I think it would be a very good idea to create a highway all the way from Mapletown via Crixville town centre across the tundra to Epicity, a bridge somewhere, and continue to Aurora. Of course, if one wants to go from Aurora to Maple one will take the warps, but Crix-Maple, Crix-Epicity and Epicity-Aurora are definitely the best using a road.
zoniczedro
Lord!
Lord!
Nickname: zoniczedro
Nation: Artesion Empire
Hometown: Ash Bay

Post by zoniczedro »

Times when people used to use the rail..
If I could, I'd ride on the rail to MaxstenVille every time I'd come on, but the rail doesn't come to my town; :cry:

But I can't get out of CS on the rail anyway. I've somehow managed to lose 4 minecarts there..
JOIN ASH BAY TODAY!
viewforum.php?f=99
Lenniguti7
World Operator!
World Operator!
Nickname: Lenniguti7
Hometown: TH-Village

Post by Lenniguti7 »

drakee510 wrote:I say take away warp gates!
This! I plan on removing every warpgate for Mercatorinos once Therano and me are done with the rail system. I guess every nation/town has to decide whether they want to have gates or not...
Vote for HP-Craft Click here
Tutorials: Water Sensor Melon Farm